Monday, February 9, 2009

lara croft tomb raider the cradle of life

Tomb Raider the Cradle of Life
Ok so there’s not much new to say about the second tomb raider so I’m going to be quick so I can get right into the house of the dead review.

The second tomb raider starts with an earth quake that reveals a hidden temple under the waters. Lara takes a crew with her and they turn on her and steal an orb she finds there. Mi6 shows up and tells Lara that an evil scientist wants to use the orb to find Pandora’s Box which is hidden in the cradle of life.

Lara tells mi6 she will help as long as she can have access to anyone she wants. Lara enlists the help of terry a former marine and mercenary mi 6 gets him out of prison and they begin their adventure. First up is Hong Kong where Lara and terry meet with a gangster called Chen Lo. They eventually find out where the orb is and use sounds to find the cradle of life which is in Africa. The evil scientist then captures Bryce (Lara's tech friend) and Hillary (Lara’s butler).

Lara and terry split up and meet again in Africa. There Reiss (the evil scientist) shows up and tells Lara that if she doesn’t help him find the cradle of life he will kill her friends. Lara and her African friends and Reiss’s men head to the cradle of life.

Inside they encounter a dark forest with demons that kill once they since movement. Lara uses the opportunity to get away from Reiss and he quickly follows her. Terry shows up and frees the captives and Reiss ends up in a pool of black acid that holds Pandora’s Box. Terry wants to take the box as a payment but Lara says no and has to kill them then leaves the box and the movie ends.

Ok so like I said at the start there’s not much more to say about the movie that I didn’t already say about the first. The sequel still has the feel of the games and the story is still like one of the games. I do feel that this movie tried a little too hard with its action but overall it was still entertaining.

Honestly that’s all I can really say so I guess it’s onto the scores.

So I’m just going to be lazy here and this movie gets the same scores as the first one.

Well I’m sorry you had to live through that but next up is one I’ve been waiting to write since I started the house of the dead review oh boy am I going to tear this movie a new asshole.

No comments: